About digital Photo Frame With Arduino and live viewing

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Depends totally on the abilities of the Adafruit graphics library. Even if it did I would expect it to be veeeerry slow.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Depends totally on the abilities of the Adafruit graphics library. Even if it did I would expect it to be veeeerry slow.
Thanks.

I guess I may not say my question clearly. there are many digital camera already built-in that function, like the one:
https://shuttermuse.com/glossary/live-view/#:~:text=When talking about digital cameras,any changes in exposure settings.

In my understanding, the camera has a small squire view window on the top side which view directly to the target object by a through hole (sure and a piece of glass ).

The large screen under suppose to be a Liveview window which shown the photo imagine?
If I am right, can I use the instructables project to achieve the same function?

Well, I'd supplement what I said is a on-camera monitor?
Best

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It all depends on the software and the Arduino IDE itself depends on an integrated library (software) written for a specific piece of complex hardware. So unless you can write the software or that Adafruit has motion video written into their library, then no. Even if it does support video it will be extremely slow due to the comparatively slow processing speed of the Arduino and its lack of memory dedicated to processing video. I would be interested in how quickly it processes fixed images onto the small OLED. Kinda like trying to compare a bus against a Ferrari. Arduinos are not designed to be graphics processors.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
It all depends on the software and the Arduino IDE itself depends on an integrated library (software) written for a specific piece of complex hardware. So unless you can write the software or that Adafruit has motion video written into their library, then no. Even if it does support video it will be extremely slow due to the comparatively slow processing speed of the Arduino and its lack of memory dedicated to processing video. I would be interested in how quickly it processes fixed images onto the small OLED. Kinda like trying to compare a bus against a Ferrari. Arduinos are not designed to be graphics processors.
Thanks.
You are right. I saw a project used Arduino+EPS32+TFT+Camera and got slow shown.
How about use iphone receive the imagine and then transfer to a LCD? can be better?

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
What are you trying to do? What will this be used for?
Thanks.
its a good question, I am trying to use an ESP32 wifi camera, that seems can only be viewed by PC through IP, I wondering if I can view it by iphone, cause of I can connect it to iphone by ESP32 wifi, but can not show any thing.