AAC Upgrade Thread - Feedback & Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi all,

Thanks for being patient with us as we migrated AAC to the upgraded site. We've been hard at work for a number of months on this re-design/upgrade.

Please let me know if you discover and bugs or issues with the new Xenforo 2 version that we are using.

If you used the old blue theme, head over to https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/account/preferences/ and change to "AAC Classic" in the Style drop-down.

Thanks!

Rob

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
It looks very pretty.
But, I wonder why all the sites and apps now seem to be "upgrading" to a format that wastes a lot of screen space and can no longer fit so much on? I do prefer more info on the screen, and less blank space or bling personally.
No doubt I'm get used to it.
Still, this is a wonderful site. Thank you.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Glad it worked this time. Switched to "classic" almost immediately. That looks pretty good.

Initial impression is that there is a lot of background (i.e., wasted space, icons are bigger and add to wasted space) and text is smaller. CTRL+ of course makes text bigger but also increases the wasted space.

Regards, John

For whatever reason I am getting lots of server error messages. For example, when I initially went to change preferences and in posting this message.

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
I've just done an RS components web site survey... They could only fit 4 items on a page.. It's getting daft Looks like they are trying to cram all the column data into the description... Ah well we'll see...

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
On page 2 of new posts, clicked "Next" to go to next page,
kept getting this -

Error 502 Ray ID: 5292f5870b9595a8 • 2019-10-21 11:41:03 UTC
Bad gateway

Regards, Dana.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Just noticed there are now six flavors of "react."
1571658599416.png

I think that change is, at a minimum, sad. I date way back to the pre-Facebookesque "Like" era and did not see the need for adding that meaningless feature. Now, AAC has multiplied that by 6.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Just noticed there are now six flavors of "react."
View attachment 189325

I think that change is, at a minimum, sad. I date way back to the pre-Facebookesque "Like" era and did not see the need for adding that meaningless feature. Now, AAC has multiplied that by 6.
Those are the standard XF smileys. When the fire is out, I'll look for a more classic collection of them. Thanks for the feedback

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Is it possible make, in the blue modality, the font color black?

Based on my experience it would require less efforts to read.

The rest, so far, works OK.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Is it possible make, in the blue modality, the font color black?

Based on my experience it would require less efforts to read.

The rest, so far, works OK.
I see the uh?/what? emoji is missing... you know, the inquisitive looking one with the raised eyebrow... I used that one a lot :confused:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Those are the standard XF smileys. When the fire is out, I'll look for a more classic collection of them. Thanks for the feedback
It's not a matter of using smileys or even giving different names to the smileys.

"Likes" are scored and by analogy so will these new "reactions" be scored. I thought it was a mistake to add "likes," and think it is an even bigger mistake to add this new list of reactions.

For one, it is meaningless, but can be hurtful. Why do that? Second, the list is very incomplete. There is, for example, no "disagree." Instead, the closest is "angry." Maybe that's a reflection of our (USA) current political climate, unfortunately. Normally, I would like to think that civilized people should be able to disagree without getting angry.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Reading threads doesn't work right on my iPad running Safari. I can see the post #1.
Post #2 shows #2 in the upper right corner of the field. The rest of post #2 is a blank white page that can be scrolled down to infinity,

Granted. I am using the original iPad with OS 5.1.1 which cannot be upgraded without having to buy a new iPad.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The forum no longer remembers my position in a thread. Each time I enter a thread, even one that I just posted to, I am positioned at the first post in the thread. This is extremely annoying.

Using Chrome on Windows 10

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.