E-book Correction AAC textbook corrections thread.

HSKB

Joined Feb 19, 2018
Dear AAC Readers,
In dedication to AAC valuableness and quality I have created this thread to post textbook corrections/suggestions. If, older thread under same category already exits, kindly let me know.

HSKB

Joined Feb 19, 2018
Correction location: AAC textbook > Vol. I - Direct Current (DC) > Electromagnetism Chapter 14 - Magnetism and Electromagnetism > Electromagnetism > Diagram: The "left-hand" rule.

Correction required: The direction of magnetic field in right branch of circuit should be anticlockwise.

Suggestion: For determining direction of magnetic field produced around a conductor carrying current, first current should be considered flowing in the conventional direction (i.e. from +ve to -ve terminal of the battery/power source) and should be found out using Maxwell's Right Hand Thumb Rule. It states that if you are holding the current-carrying conductor in your right hand such that the thumb points in direction of the current then the direction in which fingers encircles, gives the direction of magnetic field lines. This rule is also called Maxwell's Corkscrew Rule. Using Maxwell's Right Hand Thumb Rule is just a preference. We can apply both rules, giving us same result.

Correction severity: Minor

If anything I missed out/incorrect, kindly let me know.