AAC - Long running script

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Have never seen it.
I have seen this on a number of occasions but not when I was accessing this site. The culprit is usually Google which uses a lot of your computer resources in the background while it is sorting and saving your documentation and preferences so that it can inundate you with floods of "appropriate" commercials later.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I've also seen this many times on many sites, but I don't recall ever seeing it on AAC and I haven't seen it at all for quite some time.

Have you tried a different browser to see if the problem is really the site?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have never seen this.
I am using Firefox 64.0 at the moment on my linux machine.
I also have uBlock origin installed on Firefox to block unwanted adds.

Bertus

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Not seen it, although various sites report 'not responding' from time to time. I've assumed that was due usually to heavy Internet traffic somewhere along the way. Monday morning UK time is the most likely occasion. That would be Sunday night US time. Do any major players (Google, DNS servers, Microsoft etc) do housekeeping on their servers then?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Never seen it.

But for what it's worth, I don't think that message would come from the AAC server, I think it's produced by your browser in response to something going on locally on your machine. Some script associated with the site is not working locally. I'd clear caches and such as a first attempt to clear it out.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
I've got Google Chrome running on Windows 7 and some sites use 100% CPU for over 20 seconds. Some of them take so much CPU that I just close the tab and forget about viewing them.