A warning to the over-ambitious... (or bone idle?)

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Atempting to implement an automated 'electron tube tester' via an old telecom 'crossbar switch' isn't as easy as it would seem (or, rather, should be) -- Liquifying and leaking hemorrhaging potting compound (AKA 'Green Goo') not withstanding...

Sometimes the simplest things.... and all that --- Ah! well! Time for Tonight's libation (gulp)! (T.L. attribution: @joeyd999) ;)

TTFN
HP

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Atempting to implement an automated 'electron tube tester' via an old telecom 'crossbar switch' isn't as easy as it would seem (or, rather, should be) -- Liquifying and leaking hemorrhaging potting compound (AKA 'Green Goo') not withstanding...

Sometimes the simplest things.... and all that --- Ah! well! Time for Tonight's libation (gulp)! (T.L. attribution: @joeyd999) ;)

TTFN
HP
Sounds fun. Can I join you?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
A warning to the over-ambitious... (or bone idle?)

@Hypatia's Protege When I saw that headline I assumed you were going to talk about Aleph and long stalled project!
Sorry @shortbus:( I'm afraid that project is long past even the 'drawing flies stage' -- Blame it on the new 'blog feature', my-own indolence, @Aleph(0) 's standoffishness -- but really, at the end of the day, (whatever the 'F.' that means) I believe my failure in said regard is down to myown misapprehension of these fora's mission -- to wit 'heavy' Q&A ('heavy' in a good way) as opposed to lengthly, experimental, projects/'classes' -- Sincerely! Nothing negative toward AAC! Merely my misapprehensions... Then, of course , as you quite correctly pointed out upon multiple occasions is my seemingly unshakable (bad) habit of 'throwing money' at --as opposed to actively garnering a proper understanding of-- what might best be described as my too often 'dysfunctional pedagogy'...

Very best regards -- and thanks for remembering @Aleph(0) and myself :)

Last edited: