A Trip to the Apple Store

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Our grand daughter is up for a week visiting. Her mom dropped her off on Saturday with a cracked spider web look on her I-Phone. My daughter made it clear she would work before my daughter and her dad replaced another screen. Grandparents are suckers for their grand kids so I figure I'll call the Apple store. Complete automation followed by more automation as I am screaming "Representative" into the phone becoming more and more angry. Since the Galaxy 4 with the Android OS I have used nothing but Samsung Galaxy phones and when I call Verizon I actually get a real person. After 10 min on hold by a robot I figure may as well drive the few miles to the actual store.

There had to be a few hundred people in this art deco place waiting to hand Apple money. I knew they had a cult like following but give me a break as I was in a sea of Apple Cultist. Great, just wonderful as I look for service. Following about 30 minutes of looking at stuff I had no interest in we got service. No problem, about $150 USD later and a few hours we can retrieve the girl's I-Phone. Steve Jobs has to be laughing from the grave. Her grandmother can take her back to get the phone. I really have no desire to ever return to that place, the store from hell. :)

After seeing the cult like following I can understand why people camp out overnight just to give them money for a new release. I figure one visit should cover a lifetime.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I am pretty sure all of the employees working there were cloned. They all wear the identical Apple T-Shirt and all wear an Apple Watch displaying all the different watch bands. The granddaughter is a happy girl and very grateful. We figure if we can't spoil grand kids life would not be as much fun. This kid is a worker too and looking at national honors so I figure someday she can take care of us. :)

Hey, be sure to visit the 'Genius Bar'. Nothing gets you in a good mood like a visit with a true genius :mad:
I think I would fare better visiting a Jack Daniels on the rocks bar. :)

On a serious note the service was very good and the people very nice, even if they were cloned. I just do not see me moving to an I-Phone, I-Watch and Apple PC anytime in the near future.

Ron