A Seven-Nanosecond Comparator for Single Supply Operation

Nomi 1114

Joined Dec 4, 2017
Dear Respected sir/madam,

Hope you are doing well with good health. Here i would like for one favor that an Application Note 72 dated May 1998 titled as A Seven-Nanosecond Comparator for Single Supply Operation (https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/an72f.pdf). A circuit for Simple 10MHz voltage to frequency converter is mentioned at page no 25. i would like to simulate this circuit in Altium designer V16.0. But failed to simulate, i wanna ask any one from all of my respected seniors can help me in this regard, who have some expertise for Altium simulation. I shall be highly grateful to you for this act of kindness...

Regards

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is a good deal of complicated stuff going on in that circuit. Making good choices about the unspecified components may have a substantial effect on your ability to simulate the circuit. Are you sure you understand it well enough to fill in the details?

Last edited:

Nomi 1114

Joined Dec 4, 2017
There is a good deal of complicated stuff going on in that circuit. Making good choices about the unspecified components may have a substantial effect on your ability to simulated the circuit. Are you sure you understand it well enough to fill in the details?
Dear !!!

Almost i have good understanding about that circuit, but unfortunately get good results ... i don't know where is problem.. but i think an expert can do it within few minutes...

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

That is a good collection of app notes. Very well written with good information.
Just one small thing i noticed is that they specify that to get the inductance of a wire you have to integrate over the length and the field out to infinity which is hard to do in some wire shape cases, but often you can just use a very large number for 'infinity' and get incredibly close to the right result (within a tiny tiny percentage).
It's just part of their discussion though not too important but thought i would mention that since i spotted it.
The applications are interesting too although a little complicated.