A question about the phase of the voltage between two phases

Elecrical_Student

Joined Mar 5, 2022
Hello everyone.
I have a question about the following circuit.
I have a three-phase system with a line voltage of 400 volts and an impedance of 25<30 per each phase.
I want to calculate the voltage at each impedance . How can I know what the angle of the voltage between B and C is?
1667285403670.png

Attachments

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Hello everyone.
I have a three-phase system with a line voltage of 400 volts and an impedance of 25<30 per each phase.
I want to calculate the voltage at each impedance . How can I know what the angle of the voltage between B and C is?
View attachment 279680
It is determined by the angle between the windings on the stator.
What other figure than 120° could you possibly expect?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello everyone.
View attachment 279680
Are you asking about the magnitude of the angle, or polarity of it (whether B leads C or C leads B)?

In a three-phase system, each phase is 120° from the other two. As for who leads who, that is arbitrary (but important!). So in this case you can probably define it as you like. In the real world, the phases are usually color-coded, but the colors and associated sequencing varies by country and also by voltage.