A New Asthma Treatment

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Very interesting - I hope it pans out. I know several family members with lifelong asthma.
I am one of those; I take Dulara because Steroids don't work on me. Dulara, will last me around 10 to 24 hrs. I don't have much choice on some days when the air is thick with pollution or if someone burns wood or coal.

It's more like Chronic Bronchitis or COPD; but the Doctor said it's still just Asthma.

My Asthma took a turn for the worse when I began assembling circuit boards 15 years ago and they didn't vent the Solder Machine. It came back into the main area of the assembly and thats when I found out I was allergic to Flux; apparently it began as allergy to pine and flux is derived from pine sap. Flux smoke exacerbated my asthma.

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I have a Secretary at work that shares info with me on the Latest Treatments for Asthma. It's possible I could be a Candidate for this treatment.

Things seem to be discovered weekly; I'm hoping for a cure. I have work related asthma as well as Exacerbation's by polluted air and smoke. It would be nice to not treat or go longer without using my Medications.

http://www.good4utah.com/gtu/story/...asthma-treatment/22685/A_M7bg2A60mfv2mmTDLDpg

kv

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Not long after I wrote post #2, my sister's grandson - age 7 - died of an asthma attack triggered by peanuts in Moose Tracks ice cream. Neither he nor his grandpa knew that flavor contained peanuts, and inexplicably, neither thought to ask. A fun day bike-riding with Grandpa turns into tragedy.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Not long after I wrote post #2, my sister's grandson - age 7 - died of an asthma attack triggered by peanuts in Moose Tracks ice cream. Neither he nor his grandpa knew that flavor contained peanuts, and inexplicably, neither thought to ask. A fun day bike-riding with Grandpa turns into tragedy.
I'm sorry to hear that; I wouldn't wish that on anyone not even an enemy. It's so difficult to hear. Tragic.

I'm very lucky to not have that; however my Granddaughter does. We are hoping she will grow out of it. Her Mom is very careful but; sometimes they do mix things into foods unaware of how dangerous it can be for someone with extreme allergic reactions.

My condolence to you and yours.

kv