A great online tone generator!

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this link but it seems to me that certain people here would appreciate the link and find it useful in some way. The pure tones go from 1HZ all the way up to 20,154HZ. May be useful in a number of ways. What I liked about it, apart from other things I have been experimenting with in relation to resonant frequencies, is that there is also a drop down menu which will show you exactly what the HZ is for a given musical note. Anyway, here is the link:

http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm

Take care,

Rolland

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
there are a lot of test equipment related programs on line for the sound blaster, some generate tones, some used for audio spectrum analyzers, and more. one advantage is that they can generate two tones at the same time.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I noticed the generator will not work in all browsers.
It needs browsers that does support the web audio API.

There are a lot of programs for the PC wich will do almost the same.
This pages of the EDUCYPEDIA has some links for them:
Audio
Audio tone generators

Bertus

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Interesting web page. I was curious what my hearing range was at my age. It's around 160Hz to 13.5KHz. I tested on an iPhone and had to hold it to my ear for the extreme tones. From a hand held distance, the lower limit was around 230Hz. And the upper limit was 11.5KHz. Anyone else want to share their experience in a non-scientific poll?

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Interesting web page. I was curious what my hearing range was at my age. It's around 160Hz to 13.5Hz. I tested on an iPhone and had to hold it to my ear for the extreme tones. From a hand held distance, the lower limit was around 230Hz. And the upper limit was 11.5Hz. Anyone else want to share their experience in a non-scientific poll?
do you mean Khz upper range?