a funny question or a stupid charger

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Hi,
I bought a Li-ion charger some time ago. When I test the output polarity reversed, I thought it maybe a wrong label?
I opened it and found that the label and the internal markers are exactly the same. but the measurement is not. why and why?
Thanks for help
Adam

001.jpg002.jpg

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi,
I bought a Li-ion charger some time ago. When I test the output polarity reversed, I thought it maybe a wrong label?
I opened it and found that the label and the internal markers are exactly the same. but the measurement is not. why and why?
Thanks for help
Adam

View attachment 235167View attachment 235168
Your observation was made with no load in circuit? It's an artifact. There may be a good reason based on the circuit design but what matters is how it behaves in use.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Your observation was made with no load in circuit? It's an artifact. There may be a good reason based on the circuit design but what matters is how it behaves in use.
Thanks
I am using the charger contrary to its label +/- and charging well.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It could be a poor copy of a legitimate design. When some counterfeit Apple USB chargers, they manage to misspell some of the words.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
I have several of those chargers & they work fine if used as intended. Under no load they give a flick of voltage at correct polarity, then show reverse polarity. You obviously have hacked your charger & added wires to it externaly. Reassemble it & use it as it was designed to charge a single cell.