9volt Battery Charger questions

samsam_91

Joined Dec 1, 2012
Hello Everyone >>

I need to make a charger for 9 volt battery , have a circuit but want some help about resistor of regulator ..

<snip>

my questions on :
1) R1 ,R2 ,R3 values to make a regulator work and also with transistor to make a LED On if it still charging and Off if it fully charging if the battery capacity is 175 NiMH

2) If I'll use lm317 what changes in the circuit ?

and finally please write the equations you have used to find Resistors values to apply it if I have changes ..

Last edited by a moderator:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'd move D2 to protect the regulator against the output (the battery voltage) being higher than the input (eg. if the AC is unplugged).

I believe your rectifier DC connections are backwards also. Still drinking my coffee, so I might be confused.

I'm sure you'll be getting answers to your other questions.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Either you have forgot the transformer for your power supply, if not i believe this is a transformer-less psu and is therefore forbidden !!!!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Dodgydave is a bit more awake and has correctly noticed a very critical flaw! That 7809 would pop like a balloon if it saw 300V.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
As Dodgydave says, non-isolated circuits connected to the mains are not allowed in AAC. Please update your schematic with an isolation transformer and a fuse, even if its ratio is 1:1.

Thank you for your understanding,
Georacer

samsam_91

Joined Dec 1, 2012
The bridge rectifier terminals 1/4 are the wrong way, also the voltage source is 220v ac NO Transformer!!!...
Unfortunately I dont have a good sim to make a circuit it's not contain a transformer and also the bridge not have "AC" and "positive or negative" pins .. but anyway I will do it true on board dont worry about this :)