89C51 microcontroller Electonic code lock project

micronovice

Joined Feb 12, 2010
Helo all, im new to this forum.

pLEASE I NEED HELP ME , i am new to microcontroller and even c programing.

I want to make a project Electronic code lock with LCD and Alarm.

i am planing to use 89C51 microcontroller,I would like to know were i would start from what is the first thing am suppose to do .plEASE Let me know in time the submission time is close.

Thanks please please just leave a comment .hep me i dont want to fail.please

micronovice

Joined Feb 12, 2010
i have not done much, what i have done is just to make research on microcontrollers, i am a big novice in this field but i want to get high marks with the help of you guys. this is how i want my project to work:

ITwould have the following ,

LCD.
MICROCONTROLLER.
ALARM
4 X 4 KEYPAD. AND I WANT MY PROGRAMING TO BE IN c LANGUAGE

FIRST
DO I NEED TO INTERFACE THE COMPONENTS BEFORE PROGRAMING? OR DO I NEED TO LEARN PROGRAMING FIRST BEFORE I START ANYTHING.

PLEASE GUIDE ME ALONG WITH THE PROJECT. (hope am not begging to much )

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Surely the school did not simply drop this assignment on you with no preparation.

what resource have you do draw on? Is there a lab to use? Is there test equipment available. Are there components available to you - power supplies, resistors, capacitors, keyboards, logic IC's, and so on?

Are you constrained to using some specific microcontroller? Do you have available a programmer for it, and the C compiler?

I might mention in passing that examples of and the programming for code locks are easy to find. Google turns up 991,000 hits, for instance.

micronovice

Joined Feb 12, 2010
@beenthere. i have access to all the materials you have mentioned.(programmer,compiler and others OK

this is what i have made my research on so far
i want to use a PIC microcontroller with MPLAB
i want to use a 4x4 keypad.
and i want to use an alarm circuit when there is a wrong password. ok thats all. so where do i start from . programing? or where.?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That may be a matter of personal preference. I like assembler, but many people like C and it's variants.

With all the example that may be found in the internet, starting your process of learning programming would make sense.