8051 Evaluation Board

jjimenez01

Joined Dec 8, 2006
Hello all,

I am currently looking for a good 8051 evaluation board that comes with a C compiler to get to know this controller well. One that includes all of the input and output ports available to connect to other devices (not I/O ports that come connected to LEDs and Push-buttons). I have been searching online and can't seem to find a company that provides this.

Does anyone know where I can get my itchy hands on one of these boards? Maybe know of some company or website?

Thanks in advance

jjimenez01

Joined Dec 8, 2006
I haven't worked with 8051 for a long time, but back then I used Keil tools and development board.

Have a look here.
Yeah I saw that one before. For the evaluation board for the 8051, The problem with that is, there is only one output port and it is connected to some LEDs. Which is what I don't want.

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Well, as far as I know, there is a jumper or switch to either turn on or off the LED driver and make the port available.

I couldn't find the specific one that I used, but it had three or four available ports, IIRC. If you want them all available, why not just make your own board and get SDCC compiler and a burner?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hmmm Papabravo, give me some of the specs of what you have and its condition. Then we can talk turkey.
I don't have one, except in the sense that any of our industrial control devices could serve that purpose. They come with a variety of 24VDC inputs, 24VDC outputs, an RS-232 serial interface, and a CAN transceiver. Currently they are used for DeviceNet, but since the flash memory can be reprogrammed with FLIP(free from Atmel), I see no reason why they could not be used as a general purpose development tool.

jjimenez01

Joined Dec 8, 2006
I don't have one, except in the sense that any of our industrial control devices could serve that purpose. They come with a variety of 24VDC inputs, 24VDC outputs, an RS-232 serial interface, and a CAN transceiver. Currently they are used for DeviceNet, but since the flash memory can be reprogrammed with FLIP(free from Atmel), I see no reason why they could not be used as a general purpose development tool.
Doesn't sound like something that I would be interested in Papabravo. But thanks anyway for the suggestion.