8-12 Ghz X Band Frequency Oscillator Transmitter Schematic Needed !

kayjabbar

Joined Sep 8, 2016
Hello folks,

Can anyone please provide me 8-12 Ghz X Band Frequency oscillator (EM waves) circuit diagram?

The transmission is desired by the means of microstrip antenna.

Im in a hurry..i need it urgently, please help.

It can be crystal oscillator.
I googled it alot for the required frequency i couldnt find any..
And if someone posts please give me the ready schematic because im weak at calculations for components which sometimes need to be changed for desired frequency.

Only 9 or 10 Ghz fixed oscillator transmitter will be okay for me.

Thankyou

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello folks,

Can anyone please provide me 8-12 Ghz X Band Frequency oscillator (EM waves) circuit diagram?

The transmission is desired by the means of microstrip antenna.

Im in a hurry..i need it urgently, please help.

It can be crystal oscillator.
I googled it alot for the required frequency i couldnt find any..
And if someone posts please give me the ready schematic because im weak at calculations for components which sometimes need to be changed for desired frequency.

Only 9 or 10 Ghz fixed oscillator transmitter will be okay for me.

I request you to please dont cross question me please help me with circuit diagrams i'll pick the one i need.
Im saying this because no one here helps they rather cross question and leave the thread without solution.
So please guys.

Thankyou
You're asking for a heavy duty piece of design work for free. It seems reasonable to question you about your requirements. Don't you agree that accurately specifying your requirements will raise the probability of getting something that you want and can use?

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Hello folks,
I request you to please dont cross question me please help me with circuit diagrams i'll pick the one i need.
Im saying this because no one here helps they rather cross question and leave the thread without solution.
So please guys.

Thankyou
I think you totally misunderstand the point of "cross questioning" - without understanding the specific, exact context, application and parameters of a problem, the answers can only random shots in the dark.

Playing guessing games is no fun, I do this for the satisfaction of helping people learn and accomplish goals, If you want garbage answers, pick something random from the internet.

Often threads "are left with no solution" because the poster learned that their original idea was flawed, or a concept was misunderstood, this is what helping people is all about.

kayjabbar

Joined Sep 8, 2016
Okay im sorry for my last lines..i need help please forget it.

I need to design a resonator actually for moisture measurement..
First i want a transmitter and then a reciever which indicates the phase shift on a digital display.

I am posting a pdf file that would help in understanding of what i want..

On the reciever side it is required to have an attenuator before indicator to display the phase shift.

At X bands water molecules orient with the microwaves/EM waves and start rotating some of the energy is absorbed ,thus the phase shift or frequency change or Q(signal imbalance) is the measure of moisture content which is recorded by the reciever.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
This seems like an extension of another thread by you: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/microwave-moisture-measuring-sensor-need-help.127243/

In the former thread, you seemed focused on getting a 1 GHz oscillator and/or detector for which you could vary the wavelength while keeping the frequency constant. Does your new 10-GHz design have the same constraint?

If not, then why don't the same physical principles that you believed applied there apply here too?

John

kayjabbar

Joined Sep 8, 2016
This seems like an extension of another thread by you: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/microwave-moisture-measuring-sensor-need-help.127243/

In the former thread, you seemed focused on getting a 1 GHz oscillator and/or detector for which you could vary the wavelength while keeping the frequency constant. Does your new 10-GHz design have the same constraint?

If not, then why don't the same physical principles that you believed applied there apply here too?

John

Actually i researched more on it now im sure that its x band which would do the same thing please help..im sure that x band range nearly 9 to 10 ghz is used to detect moisture contactless.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
And if I am not mistaken..........MEMS devices operate in the GHz range now, and supposedly are easy to configure.

Might want to research there.

jkwilborn

Joined Jan 26, 2016
By the definitions that I read above (or other realted/linked post), I think the worry is the detector, not the 1 G oscillator. Seems that's probably what the precision detector is all about. It's similar to sticking a steal rod in an active inductor circuit, changes the inductance and therefore that emf field. Building something that detects that distortion of the emf field is the trick.... Best of luck.

Also there is no such thing as a '1 GHz oscillator and/or detector for which you could vary the wavelength while keeping the frequency constant'. The wavelength is the frequency measurement. Actually the computation is quite simple:

300/frequency (Mhz) So 300/10 = 30 or 30 meters

Just remember that something like 144 Mhz (2 meter in ham jargon) or 300/144 = 2.08
Antenna are based on the wavelength.

The wavelength gets 'shorter' as the frequency increases.

Just thought I'd point that out, for future reference.

Last edited:

kayjabbar

Joined Sep 8, 2016
Guys im not looking for a long range transmitter and reciever...most of the links are for long range tranmission.
My objective is to transmit and receive between a very short length i.e. nearly 110mm.
Im asking that these long range gunnplexers will work for this short tranmission?

Check this link guys. LINK and THIS

The pictures below are the desired setup of moisture measuring using microwave oscillator and sensor.
Im exactly working on this project.

Screenshot_2016-09-17-11-37-46-1.png Screenshot_2016-09-17-11-38-28-1.png Screenshot_2016-09-17-11-38-33-1.png

Last edited:

jkwilborn

Joined Jan 26, 2016
Of course they are for long range. Micro wave, as a general rule is communication (cooking, although related) and it's not a common thing to want to transmit a few mm or cm (wires are very cheap for this.) I suggest you google microwave diodes or avalanche diodes (usually occurring at micro wave frequencies.)

Showing us the detector would help immensely assisting you. The data you provide seems to indicate a 'dielectric antenna' for a sensor, so any 'noise' generating diode should give you results properly selected for voltage and so forth. The 'gunn' diode is an avalanche diode I believe, used in many applications. That would be the lowest cost, but you will have to engineer the layout and boards for this, assuming the 'dielectric antenna' is actually on a PCB itself, instead of remotely mounted. I'm sure there's a wiki on them, even if short. This is old technology.

Did you read the math about this process? It seems relatively complex (over my head), I hope you have the background for it. Best of luck