7 segment display counter

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by em_cardc, Feb 13, 2017.

1. em_cardc

Thread Starter Member

Apr 5, 2016
    The assignment is the following:[​IMG]

I sort of get the whole idea of the assignment but can someone please troubleshoot me as to how to achieve scrolling the letters triggered at each button press, then displaying the number after the letters, all without having to do 99 different scenarios for each button press? meaning I want to increment the counter with each button press. I know I need a function that clauses all the letters available for a seven segment display counter? then a function that increments the numbers, then a function to scroll the letters at each button press along the counter, finally once it reaches 99, display the sequence in the picture and reset to display "helping client 0"

I am very confused. Please any help would do great.

2. RBR1317

Nov 13, 2010
    You could store the 17 character message in a byte array, then increment the array index to scroll through the message. Instead of saving the message in the array as character codes you might store them as segment byte codes where individual bits control corresponding segments in the 7-segment display; it might eliminate overhead processing for doing repeated segment decoding on the fly.

3. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    How do you make an N or T in with a 7-segment display. You need 5x8 matrix displays for each digit.

4. RBR1317

Nov 13, 2010