6 Fog Lamps, 7 relays and Chattering Relays

stillgrowingup

Joined Jul 15, 2015
Hi all,

I am hoping you can help me solve my "Chattering" relay coils.

The purpose: I have 6 fog lights/lamps (3 sets) on the front of my car. Each lamp/light use one 55 watt halogen incandescent bulb, about 5 amps each. I would like to have the outer fog lamps/lights act as turn signals when needed.

How I need it to work: When ALL 6 Lamps are on, I need the outer bulb to turn off, then back on, to simulated a turn signal. When ALL the lamps are off, I need the outer bulb to turn on, then back off, to simulate a turn signal.

The triggers: I have a latched 'Ground' signal to turn on ALL 6 lamps. When the Turn Signals are activated, by the standard Turn lever inside the car;12v is pulsed to one of the relays causing the outer Fog lamp to reactivate as a turn signal.

The Problem with the Circuit I designed: (See attached photo) First let me say this circuit DOES work. All 6 lamps responded as needed. BUT ..... relay K1 AND K4 "chatter" when the circuit is dormant/inactive. Once any 2 of the trigger(s) are active. NO more "chattering" relay. ... During testing I removed D3 and D6 ... K1 and K4 stop chattering, but NOW K3 and K6 "chatter".

What I am asking: How do I stop the relays from "Chattering"?

I apologize that the attached schematic is NOT in proper form. I hope you can follow it and still be able to help me. :)

Thank you
TONY

Attachments