556 timer Monostable Pulse problem

maanas.adi

Joined Nov 3, 2011
I am generating 300us Monostable Pulse through 555 IC with 12V Vcc supply.The frequecny is 5Hz. The pulse width is ok but when I see the waveform on the oscilloscope, the pulse shape is not good. The pulse rises to 10V very fast but after that exponentially goes to 11V and while discharging it drops down to 3 V fast but then exponentially discharges to 0V. The Vcc is bypassed with 0.1uF an 1uF capacitors. I am providing negative pulse of 10uS at the trigger input and probing with oscilloscope at pin 9.
What can be the problem.

Attachments

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
I am generating 300us Monostable Pulse through 555 IC with 12V Vcc supply.The frequecny is 5Hz. The pulse width is ok but when I see the waveform on the oscilloscope, the pulse shape is not good. The pulse rises to 10V very fast but after that exponentially goes to 11V and while discharging it drops down to 3 V fast but then exponentially discharges to 0V. The Vcc is bypassed with 0.1uF an 1uF capacitors. I am providing negative pulse of 10uS at the trigger input and probing with oscilloscope at pin 9.
What can be the problem.
Get rid of C10, disconnect pin 3 from pin 11, and let them float.
If you wind up with unacceptable jitter in your output, connect a 100nF cap between pin 3 and ground, and connect another 100nF cap between pin 11 and ground.