555 ic reference problem

Àæyush

Joined Aug 15, 2019
I recently purchased a new 555 ic to generate digital clock pulse it work with +5v reference but not work with common ground reference.

If you know whats going wrong please let me know.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I recently purchased a new 555 ic to generate digital clock pulse it work with +5v reference but not work with common ground reference.

It is impossible to tell from your description what could possibly be wrong. We need to see a schematic diagram of your circuit, otherwise we'd be blindly guessing.

What is this "reference" you're talking about? The LM555 has no connection for a "reference", only power (pin 8), ground (pin 1) and a control voltage (pin 5) which can be used for pulse width modulation or left unconnected or decoupled to ground with a capacitor (to improve noise performance). There is no "reference" connection on a 555.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Simple; what is wrong is that you have no idea of how to use the 555 because you have not read the datasheet.

Read the whole datasheet and then ask questions. And post the schematic.

My suggestion: assemble the very first circuit shown in the datasheet and see how it works. (A monostable most probably).

Ah, for your reference, there is no "reference".