50V 100a Power supply

Engineering Junkie

Joined Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,

I'm working on a project for one of my customers and need to source a 50V 100a capacity DC power supply. Other than several I have seen across the internet from China, I'm not having much luck. It will be used in an industrial environment so will need to be robust, and can be variable up to the above V & a needs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From an Electronic amoeba.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Hi all,

I'm working on a project for one of my customers and need to source a 50V 100a capacity DC power supply. Other than several I have seen across the internet from China, I'm not having much luck. It will be used in an industrial environment so will need to be robust, and can be variable up to the above V & a needs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From an Electronic amoeba.
http://www.magna-power.com/products/programmable-dc-power-supplies/ts-series
https://www.ia.omron.com/products/category/power-supplies_in-addition/power-supplies/

picbuster

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
5,000 watts ! sounds like you need a welder not a power supply... Do't know what kind of regulation/filtering you need but you might consider a welder..

Engineering Junkie

Joined Oct 31, 2017
5,000 watts ! sounds like you need a welder not a power supply... Do't know what kind of regulation/filtering you need but you might consider a welder..
Customer is currently using a welder but it is old and needs replacing. Newer models haven't been suitable. I will try and find out whyand maybe you guys can advise. Thanks

Engineering Junkie

Joined Oct 31, 2017
They have had several failures with the existing unit and if it goes kaput completely, then they lose their power source, so are looking to replace before that happens, or at least have an option. A bit of forward planning on their behalf.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Customer is currently using a welder but it is old and needs replacing. Newer models haven't been suitable. I will try and find out whyand maybe you guys can advise. Thanks
Beware of SMAW/stick welders, they are designed for the voltage to collapse on load, and retain a certain current.
Usually achieved by a magnetic shunt.
Max.