5-bit gray code to binary converter

oussama123443

Joined Nov 2, 2014
********Urgent******, Hi guys, i'm supposed to design a decoder or demux that counts from 0 to 31(00000 to 11111), i know that that the function used is ''XOR'' applied to the inputs ,example for the binary number 11111 : 1(MSB) would be the same as the MSB for the fray code and we apply XOR when shifting to the right until the LSB so the gray code will be 1oooo. i've also selected all the minterms which represents the Gray code output when inputs are ''HIGH" , please show me which IC should i use and how to connect two cascaded decoders as numbers are from 0-31 thanks so much

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
********Urgent******, Hi guys, i'm supposed to design a decoder or demux that counts from 0 to 31(00000 to 11111), i know that that the function used is ''XOR'' applied to the inputs ,example for the binary number 11111 : 1(MSB) would be the same as the MSB for the fray code and we apply XOR when shifting to the right until the LSB so the gray code will be 1oooo. i've also selected all the minterms which represents the Gray code output when inputs are ''HIGH" , please show me which IC should i use and how to connect two cascaded decoders as numbers are from 0-31 thanks so much
In other words, "It's urgent that someone do my homework for me, thanks so much."

How about showing what efforts YOU have tried to choose appropriate ICs?

You need to describe your problem more precisely, too. Are you designing a decoder, a demultiplexer, or a counter. Decoders and demuxes don't count.

oussama123443

Joined Nov 2, 2014
I'm supposed to make a code converted that counts from 0 to 31 and stops at 31 so I think I need a demux 4 to 16 or decoder and I'm supposed to implement it on Fritzing electronic simulator. I worked on the truth table and and selected the minterms for all the outputs for which the Gray code output is High.

oussama123443

Joined Nov 2, 2014
hi, sorry WBahn the task was given is to make a counter that counts from 0 to 31 so i need a jk flip flop and the counting stops at 31.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Okay, so describe the approach you are considering in detail. There are several possible ways of doing it.

oussama123443

Joined Nov 2, 2014
In a simple way, I converted all the binary numbers from 0 (00000) until 31(11111) and then converted them to Gray code using the XOR function then I identified all the minterms where the significant bytes of the Gray codes are high . But because I did t go through the counters lecture I did t know how to design this counter. I was asked to make the code converter to count and stops at 31 so I don't know which way to do it

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
First you converted all the binary number to what and then converted them to Gray Code. And what do you mean where the significant bytes of the Gray codes are high? What are the "significant bytes" of a five bit Gray code?

If you didn't go through the counters lecture, then perhaps you should go back and teach yourself about counters. You should have plenty of material to work from, both from your course and also on the internet, including the e-book on this site.

oussama123443

Joined Nov 2, 2014
First you converted all the binary number to what and then converted them to Gray Code. And what do you mean where the significant bytes of the Gray codes are high? What are the "significant bytes" of a five bit Gray code?

If you didn't go through the counters lecture, then perhaps you should go back and teach yourself about counters. You should have plenty of material to work from, both from your course and also on the internet, including the e-book on this site.