5 bands

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It's stereo (L and R channels) for the entire audio spectrum.

In order to make 5 bands out of it, you would need:
1) One active low-pass filter per channel
2) One active high-pass filter per channel
3) Three band-pass filters for the rest of the spectrum per channel.
4) You will need 4 more copies of the LED displays and circuits per channel.

cloud18

Joined Sep 6, 2011
given for example this one. (see attachment)
How will I connect those things you said to the given schematic?

I have no idea how this thing will be done, please guide me well. I want to learn this. :)

And by the way, this is just a part of our project. Maybe you can as well see the block diagram I made since this will be our project for the whole semester.

Give me hints, explanations, etc. :)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The mixer and preamplifier are usually combined into one unit.

What did you mean by "filter"? I think you mean the same as a graphic equalizer.

What I spelled out in my first reply; high-pass filter, low-pass filter, and then three bandpass filters - is what you need for both the graphic equalizer, and the spectrum analizer VU meter.

Are you going to duplicate that kind of circuit for both?

Since this is an assignment from a professor/instructor/teacher, this thread should be moved to the "Homework Help" section.

We can't do your homework for you. If you are really stuck, we can point you in some direction - but you will have to figure it out for yourself.

cloud18

Joined Sep 6, 2011
The mixer and preamplifier are usually combined into one unit.

What did you mean by "filter"? I think you mean the same as a graphic equalizer.

What I spelled out in my first reply; high-pass filter, low-pass filter, and then three bandpass filters - is what you need for both the graphic equalizer, and the spectrum analizer VU meter.

Are you going to duplicate that kind of circuit for both?

Since this is an assignment from a professor/instructor/teacher, this thread should be moved to the "Homework Help" section.

We can't do your homework for you. If you are really stuck, we can point you in some direction - but you will have to figure it out for yourself.

I forgot to edit that, it is audio filter. So what you mean to say is that there is no need for audio filter since graphic equalizer and spectrum analyzer already have?

I cannot imagine how will I combined those small projects into one.

Is my block diagram correct or not?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello,

Take a look at the articles from this page:
http://sound.westhost.com/articles.htm

They will cover most parts you need.

Bertus
Thanks for this helpful link. :)

I apologize for replying so late.

Yako

Joined Nov 24, 2011
One would usually have the VU meter(s) on the signal / pre-amp side, not tied to the power amp output stage.

The power supply would be very specific with something like this too.

Regulated and raw with +/- rails.

Regulated for the pre-amp and what not, and raw for the power amp.

So the block diagram is wrong but a good start.