4-Digit UP/Down Counter Using Rotary Encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I agree. You just program the hex file to the chip. I have many PIC projects ...

Perhaps someone can start and sell the pre-programmed chips here? $5 plus postage worldwide?
Ah... no. This is a non-commercial site. It is one thing to post your schematics and code with the intent of allowing anyone that wants to do so the opportunity to reproduce your project at no cost (other than materials costs from sources other than you). But this site is not intended for people to use it as a platform to sell there stuff. The line is, admittedly, gray at times and we deal with it on a case-by-case basis.

MCU88

Joined Mar 12, 2015
Ah... no. This is a non-commercial site. It is one thing to post your schematics and code with the intent of allowing anyone that wants to do so the opportunity to reproduce your project at no cost (other than materials costs from sources other than you). But this site is not intended for people to use it as a platform to sell there stuff. The line is, admittedly, gray at times and we deal with it on a case-by-case basis.
I can understand this. Perhaps the forum itself can establish an shop to purchase the pre-programmed MCUs for those who do not wish to purchase the K150 programmer. It is cheap but only runs on old operating systems such as Windows XP. But if you have the K150 and the hex file then you are good to go. The PIC 16F628a in quantity is going for around a dollar each. Single quantity units for like USD 1.50 ea... I have personal stock inventory of 100+ pcs, so this is my first choice of MCU. I know there are people throwing stones at this MCU because of age, but we still use the NE555 timer and this is EVEN some 30-years older than the MCU in question.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I saw some online stores to selling the products, but they also open all the source as schematic, pcb layout, software, documents, if you want to do that then you can post your all stuffs in the Completed Projects Collection forum on this site and have a link to the The Flea Market to sale, but don't do that in the other discussing forums in this site.

Nobody force you what to do, and this site didn't provide the formal selling platform, only has Flea Market, but it is enough for some members, according to your experience then you can do as Bill_Marsden do, he sharing a lot of schematics, or you can be as WBahn and MrChips sharing their knowledges to help members to solve their problems or as MikeML will do a test with LTspice before he posts the schematic, or a lot of other members sharing their viewpoint to help other members who has any questions.

Really, you can be a good and great helper on this site, it depends on what you trying to do, and just be nice to all the members and also keep a good mood, any conflict with other members is not a good thing, you have your experience and other members also have theirs, a sponge can inhale a lot of water, an empty cup can pouring 100% water, half full of cup only can pouring half cup of water.

Be nice to the members that you don't have to spend any money, any conflict with other members that you can't get any progress for your skills, sharing more and you will getting more, this site need the members like you but not have to be you, are you ready to be a nice guy and popular person yet?

Specially, when you want to selling stuffs then you must be learn how to get a good popularity and reputation, conflict with other members won't help you anything just get worse, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.