4 channel momentary remote control

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
hey guys!

I may not have all the info I should, but I want to discuss a problem I am having.

I purchased a 4ch remote control module. It's power supply range is 5V to 10V. However, it's not putting out a high enough voltage when switched, to drive a CMOS AND gate. I measure about 2.5V. The vendor replaced the module once, but no joy.

I am driving it with a 9V battery, and a new one at that.

Any suggestion on troubleshooting?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
hey guys!

I may not have all the info I should, but I want to discuss a problem I am having.

I purchased a 4ch remote control module. It's power supply range is 5V to 10V. However, it's not putting out a high enough voltage when switched, to drive a CMOS AND gate. I measure about 2.5V. The vendor replaced the module once, but no joy.

Try a 10k pull-up resistor.

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
hey guys!

Can you post a schematic of what you're working on and the module's data sheet (or a link to it) please?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It was a cheep Chinese module, and hence there is nothing to post. The schematic I am connecting it to is attached.
IMG_2819.PNG IMG_2820.PNG
More info can be found here.
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/game-circuit.82641/
Instead of pushbutton, I am using the outputs of the remote module. The module uses the same power source as the circuit, so they have a common ground. The aforementioned pull down resistors are on the schematic. It has 5 outputs. One for each channel and one that changes states whenever any of the 4 channels change state. The transmitter is a fob with 4 buttons, one for each channel.