3V button cell?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have a 357/303 button cell that is 1.5V. 20mm diameter 5mm height Is that same format made in a 3V version? Id so what is the number. I am familiar witht he larger CR3023.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thanks for answering a question I always wondered about but never asked!
If you like that you may also like:

Cylindrical lithium cells: XXYYY where XX is diameter in mm, and YYY is length in tenths of millimeters.
Prismatic lithium cells: XXYYZZZ where XX is thickness in tenths of millimeters, YY is height in millimeters, and ZZZ is length in millimeters.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I needed a specific size and voltage as I already have the board built. Guess I designed and built it before checking if the batteries were locally available. :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hope the battery is easy to get to and change. Never had much luck with cheap batteries like that lasting long. They even go dead in the original package.

Ah it was a joke. If I went through 10 batteries a year, it would take 100 years to go through them all. :confused:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Ah it was a joke. If I went through 10 batteries a year, it would take 100 years to go through them all. :confused:
I was giving a testament to one of my mistakes. I have many things that use the CR2032, and bought a package of 10. When the first battery in a digital caliper went dead I got one out of the package to replace it with. Sealed and in the package, just sitting in my tool box, it was dead too. Never again have I bought those cheapy batteries.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
A lot of things use LR44 and similar alkaline cells which have a much shorter shelf life than lithium chemistry coin cells.

The alkaline batteries are not suited to long term storage but I’ve had even inexpensive lithium cells on the shelf for years without problems.