3D printer G-code problem

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
Photo of DIY printer

Screenshot of Edit settings dialog

Dear all, it has been quite a while since I posted and I miss you all :)

I am currently doing a DIY 3D printer using Ramps 1.4 and it works well as I have tested all x, y and z axis including the extruder spitting out the ink. I have jogged all the axis using Pronterface Software. I am printing a simple solid cube (20 mm x 20 mm x 20 mm) and the cube G-code I generated from Slic3r is uploaded on google drive here.

The problem is when it is printing for like 5 seconds, the x and y axis suddenly moves so much to the ends of the beams and I am unsure why, I believe is the G-code problem. I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some advice on this and what went wrong. I am so close to printing my first cube haha.

I run G-code from Slic3r on the Pronterface software. The video on this problem is uploaded google drive here, can just view without download. As you can see at the end of the video, the axis can move from one end to the other end and the beam is so long, how is it even possible? I have to switch off the power at the end to prevent damage to wheels :(

Thank you for reading and have a nice day :)

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
At the beginning of the G-Code, you will G28 ; home all axes. Your printer doesn't seem to be doing any homing. Without that step, the default of absolute positioning (also explicitly set in the G-Code G28 ; home all axes doesn't have a reference and who knows where it will go.

If you try to home the printer using Pronterface (the center red button), what happens? Also, are you certain that your motors are properly connected? I know you said you'd tested it, but your extruder was spinning away and that is suspect.

First confirm that homing works.

MrsssSu

Joined Sep 28, 2021
At the beginning of the G-Code, you will G28 ; home all axes. Your printer doesn't seem to be doing any homing. Without that step, the default of absolute positioning (also explicitly set in the G-Code G28 ; home all axes doesn't have a reference and who knows where it will go.

If you try to home the printer using Pronterface (the center red button), what happens? Also, are you certain that your motors are properly connected? I know you said you'd tested it, but your extruder was spinning away and that is suspect.

First confirm that homing works.
1685526407267.jpeg

Hi, it has been a long time the last time I communicated with you :),

When I press the red middle button (Home), the x and y motors moves to the ends like this but the z is not moving at all. But, I have really jog all the axis (x,y,z, spit the extruder ink too), the hardware is all fine :). I immediately disconnect power supply because it will spoil the wheels haha. Is this the main problem?

The extruder was fine, the extuder motor was spinning and it has ink ejected from the bottom just that you cannot see it.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hello.

Try this test. Set the X and Y home position to 100 and see if it behaves differently. If not, try 200.

Let me know what it does.