3 phase motors manufacturers

CircuitZord

Joined Oct 8, 2012
Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of 3 phase motor suppliers/models? Finding this information is a bit difficult, ali baba has a lot of chinese suppliers listed however a lot of the technical information is lacking.

I'm specifically after PMSM motors.

Furthermore, I'm wondering whether it's possible to get PMSM motors with operating voltages less than 110VAC? Such as 48VAC? If not, why not?

Beckhoff motors has a well documented catalogue of 3 phase motors, but I'm after some more.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Applied motion and Tamagawa make AC and BLDC motors down to 48v.
Are you looking for something without commutation or feedback element?
Max.

CircuitZord

Joined Oct 8, 2012
Applied motion and Tamagawa make AC and BLDC motors down to 48v.
Are you looking for something without commutation or feedback element?
Max.
Thanks Max, will take a look. What do you mean by without commutation or feedback?

I will be using a motor controller to commutate current through the windings if that's what you mean. It won't be open loop, I need torque and position control.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
comutation or feed back is feedback on rotor position to the drive.
unfortunatly 3 phase motors with magnetic rotors are used for special purposes. unlike a standard 3 phase induction motor which is found in many catalogs by lhp, voltage,, frame type and such. having to position the motor makes it a special purpose item. a motor designed for a grasby volksman spindle drive is different from an x axis motor for a fanuc control. theyh both have feedback to tell the drive what position the rotor is in, but are nothing alike.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
BTW, the BLDC and AC sinusoidal motors are practically identical in construction, the difference is in the power applied and the commutation, BLDC have only two windings powered at any given time, AC have all 3ph power applied.
In some systems where an encoder is used for position feedback to the position controller, no commutation component is fitted, the controller takes a brief snap shot of the rotor position at power up by a brief exercising of the rotor, after which it uses the same encoder to establish the position of the rotor.
Max.