3-digit up/down counter with computer-interface

dionaide

Joined Jul 30, 2007
Dear Sir:

Good day! I visited your site and I found it very informative especially for me as an electronics student. I believe you can help me with my project.

I want to construct a 3-digit up/down counter with computer-interface. I want to use CMOS4510 and CMOS4511,can this drive the 5" seven segment display?I want this circuit to be interfaced with the computer.If you could give me schematic diagram and explaination on how it works, that would be very helpful for me.

Hoping for your soon response. Thank you.

Respectfully yours,

Diosdado:)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Wow - where did you find 5.0" high 7-segment LEDs?

A CD4511 has an output stage that will source up to 25 mA and will sink just under 7 mA. You do have to read the datasheet carefully though.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

Can I also bring your attention to this. The members here are willing to help you with your project, but you must do the work.

Dave

Wow - where did you find 5.0" high 7-segment LEDs?

A CD4511 has an output stage that will source up to 25 mA and will sink just under 7 mA. You do have to read the datasheet carefully though.
I've got a 5" seven segment (needs 12V to light a segment). You can buy them at Supremetronics on College st. The 4" versions look much better.