24v dc to 24v ac

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Plus, you’ve introduced additional information in this thread which adds to your requirements and extends the problem beyond the simple “question 12 or 24 VDC to 12 or 24vAC a schematic plain and simple.”

For example, consider the physical size constraints on the solution. I was addressing this problem and in #35, you replied with a little attitude, “does not matter.” At that point, I decided that you wouldn’t accept an answer is someone gave it to you. Post #22 requested the information needed to provide a schematic; you didn’t answer. A turnkey solution was provided in #23 and yet you ignored that.

With that attitude, I’m surprised more people didn’t ignore you as I did. I think that you ended this thread all on your own with your attitude.

Good luck and happy life :)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
In the dawn of the computer industry one of the "fun" programs we wrote on the company "dime" for the purpose of "compiler testing" and "library verification" was a phuzz phrase generator. The purpose was to generate random phrases consisting of two adjectives and a noun using a random number generator, string building functions, and system I/O routines. In this time of the virus we need to do a random schematic generator for people who "demand" schematics now, without being able to articulate their requirements or even answer reasonable questions about their intentions. Look at it this way; they will go away, spend boatloads of time and money buying components and building whatever thing they desire, only to return with plaintive cries of "I can't get this !@#$%^&*() thing to work.
To which we reply that you didn't specify precisely what you wanted, but we did give you a "schematic now".

Ahhhh...cha....cha....cha

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
In the dawn of the computer industry one of the "fun" programs we wrote on the company "dime" for the purpose of "compiler testing" and "library verification" was a phuzz phrase generator. The purpose was to generate random phrases consisting of two adjectives and a noun using a random number generator, string building functions, and system I/O routines. In the time of the virus we need to do a random schematic generator for people who "demand" schematics now, without being able to articulate their requirements or even answer reasonable questions about their intentions. Look at it this way; they will go away, spend boatloads of time and money buying components and building whatever thing they desire, only to return with plaintive cries of "I can't get this !@#$%^&*() thing to work.
To which we reply that you didn't specify precisely what you wanted.

Ahhhh...cha....cha....cha
Since this thread has “ended”, I have a story.

<OFFTOPIC>

As a computer consultant, I was hired to code a system to match a set of specs. A vendor had sold an HP minicomputer, contingent on delivery of software. After the contract was signed, HP bought the vendor and against company policy was on the hook for the software.

I started coding and discovered issues with the specs. Requesting clarification from the customer, I was told to follow the specs. HP concurred.

So I did and shortly delivered the software. It did nothing because of the errors in the specs. The customer refused to pay. HP brought me into their negotiations. I had prepared a comprehensive document, outlining the errors in the specs.

The customer had to hire someone else. HP got paid and paid me a healthy bonus.

First time (and last) where I got paid for a non-functional system.

</OFFTOPIC>

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Since this thread has “ended”, I have a story.

<OFFTOPIC>

As a computer consultant, I was hired to code a system to match a set of specs. A vendor had sold an HP minicomputer, contingent on delivery of software. After the contract was signed, HP bought the vendor and against company policy was on the hook for the software.

I started coding and discovered issues with the specs. Requesting clarification from the customer, I was told to follow the specs. HP concurred.

So I did and shortly delivered the software. It did nothing because of the errors in the specs. The customer refused to pay. HP brought me into their negotiations. I had prepared a comprehensive document, outlining the errors in the specs.

The customer had to hire someone else. HP got paid and paid me a healthy bonus.

First time (and last) where I got paid for a non-functional system.

</OFFTOPIC>
That is a wondrous and magical story. I wish I could have been there with you.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is a difference between being an FO (Fresh Out) and a GV (Grizzled Veteran). The FO presents solutions to problems that may or may not be problems, and the GV knows which questions to ask the FO so that he "discovers" a more rewarding direction. Some FO's never do discover much of anything and they take up "Art History" instead.

I know of this commercial converter. https://www.powerstream.com/inv-24vdc-24vac.htm

I made a solid state vibrator replacement for a 12 VDC car radio. Later, I gave that design with a transformer pick to run a 120 VAC synchronous motor at variable speed for a telescope. I effectively made a 120 VAC low wattage square wave inverter.

It was basically a 555 timer 50% duty cycle. A Center-tapped transformer with +12 on the center tap and two 2n3055 transistors on a large heatsink. There was a small transistor like a 2n3904/2n3906 to create the inverted output needed.

Sine wave might be the way to go and that's much harder.

==

it MIGHT be possible to use a class D amplifier such as this one. https://www.banggood.com/502C-HIFI-...-AMP-Amplificador-Home-Theater-p-1582750.html

and a 60 Hz sine wave oscillator. Again an ebay/aliexpress thing and go that route.