200ah battery Power Source

Belloty

Joined Aug 22, 2020
1. What happens to a power source like when someone use a voltage and current booster to amplify the supply of the battery.
Does the battery drain faster or last longer?
2. Can I amplify the voltage and current supply of a solar panel?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
1. What happens to a power source like when someone use a voltage and current booster to amplify the supply of the battery.
Does the battery drain faster or last longer?
2. Can I amplify the voltage and current supply of a solar panel?
Welcome to AAC.

You cannot boost both voltage and current at the same time without some very large storage device like a capacitor. That still will not change the Wh available.

For DC, V x A = W. Watts x time = Wh. You cannot change that.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
200Ah is a measure of the amount of energy stored in the battery.
This usually assumes that the output voltage of the battery remains the same.
If we were to assume that the output voltage stays at the nominal 12V, then the available usable energy is

200A x 12V x 1h = 2400 Wh

You cannot deliver more energy than what is stored in the battery.
Hence, you need to determine the current being drawn from the battery to calculate how long the battery will last.

A solar panel is slightly different. You need to determine the instantaneous power being delivered by the panel.

P = I x V

Solar panels have a maximum power point (MPP) where the power output is a maximum.
If you attempt to take a current or voltage that does not match the MPP then the power will be less than maximum.

Sure you can amplify the voltage. The current I is determined by the load R. The power cannot be greater than what is being supplied by the solar panel, taking conversion losses into consideration.

P = I x V
P = I x I x R
P = V x V / R