1990s solid state fender princeton chorus

Lovemusic

Joined Jul 31, 2017
Hi
I have a question , has anyone replaced c21 to a higher or lower cap value for
thickening treble ? Ive already replaced the cap for the bass so bass is now great.
Thank you

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Welcome to AAC!
If you post a schematic of the amp with the values you used/are contemplating that would help. Also google ‘tone stack calculator’ There are several out there that use the Fender arrangement and might offer some insight.

What did you change the cap to?

Lovemusic

Joined Jul 31, 2017
Welcome to AAC!
If you post a schematic of the amp with the values you used/are contemplating that would help. Also google ‘tone stack calculator’ There are several out there that use the Fender arrangement and might offer some insight.

What did you change the cap to?
Hi
For the bass I put in a slightly lower cap value to get rid of the boominess.
I actually found the schematic, in this website on exactly the same guitar amp.
I have not printed it out as yet.
The old 9yr old post on fender princeton chorus on no sound or response in treble.
Asking around if changing c21 cap value would thicken treble. Treble as original spunds thin.
Ty

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hi
I have a question , has anyone replaced c21 to a higher or lower cap value for
thickening treble ? Ive already replaced the cap for the bass so bass is now great.
Thank you
I have a Fender "Ultimate Chorus" and found the schematic at "Schematisforfree" I think, or it may have been the "Freeinformationsociety" website. Adding capacitance can be done by soldering another cap across the present one, making the change easy to reverse. But I think my amp sounds great just the way it is.

Lovemusic

Joined Jul 31, 2017
I have a Fender "Ultimate Chorus" and found the schematic at "Schematisforfree" I think, or it may have been the "Freeinformationsociety" website. Adding capacitance can be done by soldering another cap across the present one, making the change easy to reverse. But I think my amp sounds great just the way it is.
Agree they are fine.
Thank you for sharing.
Had one back when they came out then sold it. Found used . This sounded boomy on the bass . Used a lower value cap and the bass sounds better and adjustable.

Lovemusic

Joined Jul 31, 2017
Update
Used mallory .022uf for the bass cap.
Since tonestack mids cap is same as above left this on.
Removed c23 cap and jumpered.
Its close to a original 65 deluxe at low volume.
Hope this helps

Lovemusic

Joined Jul 31, 2017
Sure is.
Of course tones subjective..
At the speaker beam it sounds great with the dd7. treble cap is still there at c21.