17 LEDs in parallel.

Crakkers

Joined Feb 2, 2017
Hi

I need to wire 17 LEDs in parallel to create something like a short length of fairy lights. I wish to power the circuit via a small Psu .

Is there a circuit module board I could buy to do this?

Can I simply join all the fly leads to make the circuit? Will I need current limiting resistors?

I am a complete novice so all the help you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

You don't mention the supply voltage, but you can wire the LEDs in parallel (and series if voltage is sufficiently high). Each parallel LED (or string of LEDs) will require a current limiting resistor.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The only number you gave is, "17".
No description of the size, color, voltage, current, or wattage of the LEDs.
No description of the size, color, voltage, current, or wattage of the power supply.
There's nothing for us to work with.

Crakkers

Joined Feb 2, 2017

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
It *appears* that the LEDs do not need external current limiting. To be safe, start with the power supply set to 4.5 V and only 1 LED connected with no resistor. If it survives, up the ps to 5.0 V. If it still survives, back the ps down to 4.5 V and add another LED. It they both are ok, then go crazy.

ak

Crakkers

Joined Feb 2, 2017
It *appears* that the LEDs do not need external current limiting. To be safe, start with the power supply set to 4.5 V and only 1 LED connected with no resistor. If it survives, up the ps to 5.0 V. If it still survives, back the ps down to 4.5 V and add another LED. It they both are ok, then go crazy.

ak
Ok,

Thanks, I shall give it a go!