12v wallwart reads 12,24vdc and 15vac?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Now I remember why I rarely frequent this site, precisely because of this smarmy culture that has developed whithin it. You may have modernizes the appearance and the ability to upload photos better, etc.. but the nitpicking,condescending,patronizing,sarcastic,insulting behavior continues unabated. I just checked this site on Alexa to see how its going since its been spruced up and its still bad with a total of 1.19 minutes viewing time a day and no other statistics really because there is only 2 people a day coming here on average. So congratulations you've sh*t in your own nest and driven them all away.

I read through all of the posts and none I would consider "smarmy". If your skin is that thin then you will never last on any forum anywhere. Let alone life in th eoutside world. You might as well just forget about that.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You should have worked on the system I worked. I have seen plenty. Granted it was a piss poor component design. The crystal was in a ceramic case. The leads went into the case, with little to no strain relief. The crystal was pinched between the leads. A good jolt would cause the crystal to shift and throw off it's rated frequency or cause it to fail altogether.

I tuned and or repaired bunches of boards at our client at Montreal Bordeaux Prison. I could never figure out why I had to repair so many from this particular customer till I happened to see it happening on one of my regular PMs. I was in the guard office when an alarm came in, the TTY started to print. I started hearing an unusual noise looked over and the equipment case housing our alarm system was swaying like a hula dancer. I yelled "That's why you are sending me so many data receivers! Get that printer off the top of that case"! After that day I got no more data receivers from that client.
Maybe I was just lucky, or perhaps I was surrounded by people who knew what they were doing and I actually learned something.