12v or 5v to 3.3v

mukams

Joined Apr 12, 2020
Hi is there is any solution like placing a single IC voltage regulator operating at 3.3v from 12v or 5v to power my PCB for esp modules

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
3.3V regulators are readily available. If you want to operate from 5V, you need an LDO (Low DropOut voltage) regulator.

More information will yield better suggestions.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
One way, use an old laptop 19V power supply, and then one of these for each output.
1614302294865.png
They are cheap on Ebay or similar, and this version can be preset or variable, depending on a soldered link.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
If you have low power (low amperage) requirements you can usually scrap a power supply out of an old satellite unit or an old DVD player. There are plenty of other sources as well.

You need to tell us what voltage you want to run something at.
You need to tell us what amperage the "something" requires.
You need to tell us what your skill level is.
Is there a physical size limit to your project?

This is why we ask for more information.

Once, at an electronics store I worked at during summer vacation from school, a cop came in and asked for "A thing you plug into the back of one thing and plug it into another thing." He said he didn't know what it was called. I told him I don't know what it's called either, but I know what he wanted and that we didn't carry them. Told him to go to our competitor. He could have been more vague, but only VERY slightly more so.

More information will help us help you.