12.5hz filter needed

7jfauth

Joined Mar 6, 2015
I need to find a way to block noise on a three phase 277/480 volt AC circuit. I am using a electric meter to read a service that uses a 12.5kHz freq on PLC for my power company. However the load is creating enough noise that the 12.5kHz is being drained to ground. How does one build a filter to combat this?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Is your problem that you want to isolate the load from the data on the power line, or is it that the load is affecting the data on the powerline. Of course a schematic would help. How much current are we talking about here?

7jfauth

Joined Mar 6, 2015
I think the load is what is affecting my data that I am trying to retrieve. The load is about a 35 amp load running on 277/480. There are variable freq drives involved but not certain how many. We provide the electrical service to their main. In testing I found that until they actually shut off the main breaker to the site I was unable to read my meter. The service site is accessible but the metering site is not until the snow leaves. This of course works but having to call them each month to shut down their load so I can read the meter is not a good long time plan.

7jfauth

Joined Mar 6, 2015
Thanks will check it out. Also thinking if I only am concerned with c phase which is the communication phase in my case, will I need to filter all three phases?