1 Minute Timer Switch Delay

Daniel Lewis

Joined May 26, 2017
I'm looking to build a circuit that turns on a motor roughly 1 minute after a switch is turned on (powered by a 9volt). The motor needs to stay on for at least 10 seconds or so, but after that it can turn off or stay on (it doesn't really matter). After some research it looks like a 555 Timer may be useful, is this recommended for my situation? Otherwise, how should I go about this? A list of materials (like what value resistors/capacitors, etc) that I can buy and a simple circuit diagram would be super useful, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I found this and it seems like it should be what I want, but I'm not certain if it will satisfy everything I've asked for (given that I replace the Bleeper with a motor and remove the LEDs). Any further information would help, especially exact product links for the resistors so that I know exactly what to buy.

Thanks in advance for dealing with my lack of circuitry knowledge.

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
I'm looking to build a circuit that turns on a motor roughly 1 minute after a switch is turned on (powered by a 9volt). The motor needs to stay on for at least 10 seconds or so, but after that it can turn off or stay on (it doesn't really matter).
Once the motor has turned ON and has run for ten seconds, do you want it to turn OFF if the switch is turned OFF?

Daniel Lewis

Joined May 26, 2017
Once the motor has turned ON and has run for ten seconds, do you want it to turn OFF if the switch is turned OFF?
Yes, I would like to be able to reset the whole system such that when I turn the switch off, the motor will stop (there can be a delay if necessary) and when I turn the switch back on it waits a minute and the motor turns back on

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Below is the LTspice simulation of a 555 circuit that should do what you want.
The output goes high ≈1s after power is applied (determined by C1R2) and and stays high until the power is removed.
The Out signal can drive a transistor switch or relay.
Since you didn't state the motor characteristics, I couldn't give a circuit for that.

upload_2017-5-26_10-35-4.png

Attachments

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
Below is the LTspice simulation of a 555 circuit that should do what you want.
The output goes high ≈1s after power is applied (determined by C1R2) and and stays high until the power is removed.
The Out signal can drive a transistor switch or relay.
Since you didn't state the motor characteristics, I couldn't give a circuit for that.

View attachment 127636
I believe the request was for a 60 second delay between power-up and motor ON, like this, maybe:
1 minute delay.png