1.2 volts to 1.7v 80 amp help

buddylove1986

Joined Jan 17, 2013
Hi all i need some help i have a gridseed g blade that the power board failed it use 3 mosfets that take 12v 5 amps to feed 1.2 to 1.7 v at 80/90 amp to the chips and 5v to the usb chips is there any way to make a power board that can tack 12v and make 1.2v at 80 amp looked on google and cant find any thing that put out low volts and high amps need some help.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Easiest thing to do is score a replacement from the original manufacturer. I must confess I have NFI what a "gridseed g blade" is. To design such a power supply at those power levels will require careful analysis and layout with particular attention to conductor cross section and current handling capability. Inductor core materials may also be problematic to avoid saturation.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
What you circuit probably did was feed pulses of 12 volt power to your glow plug and use approximately a 10% duty cycle to achieve the same heating effect as a 1.2 volt battery would produce.

That can be easily done.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
see i read a forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576784.420 form a guy J4bberwock he show how he power a bad broad with the small GridSeed pod 5 chip ver that you can still the 5v and 1.2 volts later in the post he say he made a external power supply to freed one but it a old post and he never sad how he made one in one of his post he sad that you need 1.2v at around 80 amps.
Hmm, don't know what to tell you about that.
Let me ask one more question:
Is that the power connector coming into the board. The connector next to the usb socket.
If so, it probably comes from a "wall wort" power supply. What is the voltage and current printed on it?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hmmm, I don't know. I don't see anything like that in your picture of the board. Where would you hook it when you built it?

BramLabs

Joined Nov 21, 2013
Information on the web keeps changing all the time and it is hard to keep track of new stuff. Try this to see if you can follow what is going on. You need to be intimately familiar with inductors, capacitors and diodes. Review those components if necessary.

http://www.smpstech.com/tutorial/t00con.htm
Thank you sir for your information. I've learned how to calculate buck and boost or buck-boost converter in simple circuit when i was in college. But i think in reality, it's more complicated than in textbook.
Thank you so much for the link !