The Gov. In Your Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You have heard of people having to get rid of food plants and a chicken

from there yards by code enforcement. I read about the reason ,the U.S.

Gov. has a community garden program that has paid growers. If you go

out and volunteer for money or food ,they want you to help control

growing food in your yard. The program has road side markets to sale

the community food. I found a place that wanted $3.00 for a sick plant.

They want you to be nice guy and donate your cash to there cause

and give up your right to grow your own food plant in your yard.

The program has a selected person to make money off the top.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
One day......after it is too late.....citizens will stand together as ONE....to put an end to this insanity.

There are still way too many Dummies out there, who think "their guy" will make things better for them.:mad:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I know. I had 1000 square feet of vegetable garden for about 7 years. I didn't find out it was illegal until 10 years after I quit gardening.:rolleyes:

I think the idea that the government can forbid you to grow food is unconstitutional.:mad:
WHICH government?

I'm pretty sure it was not a federal law stopping you growing some vegies on your own land, and unlikely to be a state law...

So it was likely just a local council by-law or something? Local councils have no power over what you do on your own land apart from a bit of bluff.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Check it out ,most states have homeowner assoc laws. They regulates these laws ,the

assoc must have a board of directors to make rules. The rules vary ,they are enforceable.

They can foreclose on your property if you do not follow the rules. Ask some of the guys,

these rules will drive you crazy.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
There's no fooling me this time: US government policies on food production and its repercussions on the autonomy of a household IS considered politics in my book.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.