How much energy is used by a 1,500w heater

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
You must first define what kind of "energy" you're referring to. If you're referring to "power", then it is as Bill (blueroomelectronics) said. However, energy can also be in the form of heat, light, etc. I can only assume in this case you mean power though, but you should be more careful about your terminology.

Regards,
Matt

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I just realized this post was in the "homework help" forum. You should have done the math for the first one yourself instead of having the answer given to you.

Anyway, 25kw is the power, you have the voltage, and you're looking for current. P = I*V, so 25,000W = I * 460v.

You are correct, that gives you 54.35 AMPS (watch your units!)

Matt

bwd111

Joined Jul 24, 2013
I just realized this post was in the "homework help" forum. You should have done the math for the first one yourself instead of having the answer given to you.

Anyway, 25kw is the power, you have the voltage, and you're looking for current. P = I*V, so 25,000W = I * 460v.

You are correct, that gives you 54.35 AMPS (watch your units!)

Matt
I did do the math 5 times and got 54.35 using the same formula P=I*V 54.35 now Im seeing other use a different formula and getting 31.41 and wanting to know why they are getting this.