Fixing MTX Car Amplifier , Need tips

Portland_OR

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Hello

I have a MTX 202 , NO POWER . I have properly checked the amp to see if the NO POWER was a fuse or wrong wiring . It wasn't that . Took it apart . Doesn't look like there is any damage to the board (burned spots) . Where would you guys advice me to start from ?

I'm still a beginner in measuring the components , but I have a lot of experience in soldering and have the right tool (digital multimeter , soldering station)

Here is a bonus: I have close to 100 broken amplifier (that was not a typo) , I have had a hobby with car stereo equipment for a long time , all the broken amplifiers I have came across , if it wasn't an easy fix like resoldering and broken RCA's , I just tossed them in the basement . Well , I need the space nowadays , I've been looking for a reliable guy around Portland who can either teach me and be paid for it or repair them and split the profit with me .

Since I haven't come across anyone around here , I'm willing to donate some money for your help in teaching me , for your time . Could be more than one person . I just can't see my self throwing those amplifiers away . I really like that hobby

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
When trouble shooting electronic equipment, sometimes it helps to know the history behind the equipment and what preceded the failure.

Were these units working at some point or are they manufacturer rejects?
Are they rejects from a repair shop?
Are they pulls from wrecks or junk yards?
Are they all the same brand and model?

Portland_OR

Joined Jun 5, 2013
When trouble shooting electronic equipment, sometimes it helps to know the history behind the equipment and what preceded the failure.

Were these units working at some point or are they manufacturer rejects?
Are they rejects from a repair shop?
Are they pulls from wrecks or junk yards?
Are they all the same brand and model?
They have been all found individually , goodwill , someone gave it to me , flea markets , some ebay purchases as-is and so on . There is no single same problem in all of them .