Off Topic is not here for politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
A thread has gone away, as it was becoming quite political. That is a no-no.

You want to argue politics, find another set of forums, please.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If that is now policy, it should be made into a sticky so it does not get lost and forgotten. Perhaps religion should be added as well. John

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I was not convinced about this at first, but the more I think about it the more convincing it seems. It's bad enough that political or religious discussions may lead to conflict between established members, but they may also be very off-putting to others who might otherwise consider using it.

I can imagine that if this continued long enough, an accepted political mindset could emerge, and those who did not like it could then be made to feel unwelcome. Perhaps that would be OK if you wanted to call the forum something like "All About <insert political affiliation> Circuits", but I would guess that is not what's wanted.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I was not convinced about this at first, but the more I think about it the more convincing it seems. It's bad enough that political or religious discussions may lead to conflict between established members, but they may also be very off-putting to others who might otherwise consider using it.
Those topics never fail to create serious dissension.

We will not host such discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.