mini project

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I would have used Google. It is a lot projects out on the net. The quality may vary. But feel free to post any question here. It is more easy to help on specific questions.
Also then you post always include your schematic. Then we will be able to help you much faster.

vivek.raunak

Joined Oct 23, 2010
hi
one idea in my mind is to design a circuit for traffic light,which can measure intensity of traffic also..
how the circuit can sense the intensity of traffic?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The amount of traffics can be measured with loop in the road.
When a car passes you can detect the car using the loop.

You can feedback the loop information to a microcontroller, that can take the desission wich way should have a green light for a smooth traffic handling.

Bertus

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Counting traffic is easy.

Set a timer for a minute.

Use a button to represent a signal from a car detector loop.

Count the number of button presses in on minute.

Now, you can wait ten minutes, and average the numbers.

So you now can figure, if you have a red light for 1min 30sec, how many cars will be lined up,stopped.

If the number of cars is too high, for instance if the street can only hold 22 cars before they are in the previous intersections, you want to be sure the light changes back to green before 22 cars are stopped.

Adjust the time of the cycle depending on the number of cars per minute.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Counting traffic is easy.

Set a timer for a minute.

Use a button to represent a signal from a car detector loop.

Count the number of button presses in on minute.
Ever been in downtown Philadelphia gridlock?

Let's see, no new presses, I guess the light should stay red. Or, make them all green. Same outcome. :D

John

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Most in-the-road metal detectors do not properly control the flow of traffic.

I think a clock is used instead but it is set to a weekend when the actual day is a working day. On a Saturday or Sunday the traffic light blocks everybody but allows "nobody" to turn for a long time. Then on a working day nobody can turn and nobody can go anywhere.