Help Designing an ignition Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kming

Joined Jun 8, 2010
Hey,

Basically i want to try and create a simple ignition driver circuit that utilizes a function generator to control the circuit. And i know that there is a high level of kickback involved with an ignition driver.

So basically I'm trying to get this done as simple as possible.

1) Use a function generator to drive the Ignition coil
2) use an opto isolator to isolate the high voltage circuit from the Function generator

And just kinda to start off i was thinking of using the output signal from the opto to trigger a transistor (2n3055 since i have spares of these) And the transistor will act as a switching device for the ignition coil

However, i don't seem to be able to get the circuit to work. So any advice/schematic on how to proceed would be nice.

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
Go to a junkyard and give them $2.00 for a "4 pin HEI module". Google "HEI" and see how to wire up the module. It will show the input to the module being fed from a reluctor. Do not use the reluctor, hook up your function generator in place of it. Fire it up and watch the sparks fly.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

We do not want highvoltage circuits over here.

Electricity, applications using electricity and electrical equipment and materials are dangerous and have the potential to kill or severely harm an individual or individuals, and to cause damage to property and possessions. By using the All About Circuits Forums and website, you acknowledge that you understand the potential consequences to yourself and others around you when using electricity and electrical equipment.
Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.