Ambient electromagnetic field energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroenerpnt

Joined Jan 7, 2010
I have been studying the research of Don L. Smith, who claims to be able to extract energy from what he calls the ambiant electromagnetic field. First I am no expert in this field, but what he says makes some sense.

zeroenerpnt

Joined Jan 7, 2010
Is there anyone here who is familiar with Don Smith and his method for extracting energy from the earths electromagnetic field?

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
I'd not heard of 'Don Smith', I've just done a bit of research on his ideas..

If I've got the right guy, it appears to be complete pseudo-science twaddle.
He uses a lot of electrical/electronic/scientific terminology, but his formulas, diagrams and conclusions are nonsensical and contradictory.

Example; one of his magic calculations:
One farad of capacitance is one volt for one second (one coulomb). ... for 120V how many coulombs are needed.

He then shows a formula with MICROfarads, voltage and frequency.

-------
A coulomb of charge is actually one Ampere for one second.
One Farad of capacitance will charge or discharge at one volt per second at a current of one amp.

He's picking convenient words from bits of science fact and taking them out of context to somehow create energy from nothing.
It's the same science as the old joke about a bull wanting to get out of a field, so he runs in circles until he's tired out of it..

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
These posts got moved to the less serious area.

Anyone interested can go to - http://www.nuenergy.org/iw/2005/smith2005.htm

Don't expect any substance. The following quote comes off the page linked:
Useful energy occurs as the result of imbalances of ambient background energy and it is a transient phenomenon. In conventional circuits, the electrical field is in a closed system that is damped out with heat loss, which severely limits its utility. The flip side of the electron generates magnetic waves which is an open system, not subjected to heat loss. These being unrestricted are the universal source of energy. Universally present electrons are flipped to their electrical position, resulting in useful energy. When properly constructed an electrical circuit can become self sustainable once started. An obvious corollary would be be that the number of radio or television receivers in operation does not deplete the magnetic wave source providing the service. The key to source of unlimited energy is Magnetic Resonance. To understand this requires putting a stake through outdated physics. An obvious example is the piano where the key impacts the one note giving one sound, which resonates with its two side keys providing a much higher level. Magnetic Resonant Energy clearly amplifies demonstrating more energy out than in. Excess energy consequent to a reaction is called Free Energy and can be very large as is in the case of Magnetic Resonance. The intentionally ignorant physicist makes a habit of ignoring this fact.
Lotsa science, hunh?

And this is another subject we do not waste time with. The OP is directed to the sticky notes as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.