I need a help plz n my project

rozalina

Joined Nov 23, 2009
Hi...
I am doing a project using pic16f877 and SPO256.the user will enter a password(4 integer numbers or more)using a keypad.
This integers will be compared to a stored password.
If this password is correct the SPO256 will say a word(welcome,you are allowed)and a green light will appear(using LED).
If not another sentence will be said and a red light will appear.
I know how to connect,but i have to write the code using c language.
1-How to read the integers from the keypad using pic16f877's port c.
2-How to compare the entered password with the one stored already.
3-How to open the green light if the password correct(and the red light)
Please i don't have enough time,i need a fast help....
Thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I want a help n writing the code.....
It should be self evident that writng code requires a schematic. It also requires that you clearly define your requirements. Like fine wine this stuff is difficult to do correctly in a hurry. How much time do you have?

rozalina

Joined Nov 23, 2009
I have to write the code in C language...how the pic will be connected? i answer this question n my first letter....all the details i have i post it..

SteveO

Joined May 15, 2008
I mean I don't really have much help here, but I would suggest if you want real help you put in some effort yourself. It seems you are just asking people to not only write the code for you, but design a schematic for your PIC as well. They have said it is nearly impossible to design this type of system without a schematic of how the pins on the PIC are connected. If you bring a schematic I'm sure you will get some help. I've only been here a short time but I know there are some very helpful people on these boards who I have already learnt alot from and have solved more than one of my issues!

Cheers guys/gals.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hi...
I am doing a project using pic16f877 and SPO256.the user will enter a password(4 integer numbers or more)using a keypad.
This integers will be compared to a stored password.
If this password is correct the SPO256 will say a word(welcome,you are allowed)and a green light will appear(using LED).
If not another sentence will be said and a red light will appear.
I know how to connect,but i have to write the code using c language.
1-How to read the integers from the keypad using pic16f877's port c.
2-How to compare the entered password with the one stored already.
3-How to open the green light if the password correct(and the red light)
Please i don't have enough time,i need a fast help....
Thanks

I need you to answer a few questions first:

1. Are you using the SPO256-AL2 (from Archer Electronics) or the "original" SPO256 used in commodore 64's?
  2. What compiler are you using? (i.e. Hi-Tech C, Microchip C, etc.)
  3. can you post what code you have done already (especially for the keypad) so I can further evaluate your situation....
If you can provide this, I will be more than happy to assist you further, I have worked with both Pic16F877's + keypad and both SPO256 and SPO256-AL2.....

My .02

rozalina

Joined Nov 23, 2009
Hi....thank u so much....
I am working with SPO256-AL2 ....
I am using Hi-Tech C compiler....
I do not know how to write the code for:take the input from the keypad to the pic then send from port c to the spo256....
i have a code for the spo256(how it talk) in picbasic.....
Thanks

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Seriously Rozalina
For reading the keyboard you must read the port connected to the keyboard. Then decode the input perhaps with a lookup table. And to send data to the SPO256-AL2 you must write something to port C. So is your problem that you do not know how to do this in C?