Zone Dead | Breaker Not Tripped

Jacob777

Joined Mar 21, 2021
As the title states, 3 receptacles [assuming it as a zone] suddenly went dead. Breaker is not tripped, though was turned off then on again to insure that.

When they died, it was evening and I was going to check the problem in the morning but awoke and all outlets were functioning. Later in the day, they died again and remain dead.

-House and wiring are about 30 years old and located in the US.
-Breaker was tripped probably 2 dozen times by the guy I was sharing the house with.

Thanks.

J.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
When this happened I called the electrician who wired the house. He found a poorly made splice in the wall between outlets, remade the spice and everything has been find since the event in 2006. You may be the victim of similarly poor workmanship.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
As the title states, 3 receptacles [assuming it as a zone] suddenly went dead. Breaker is not tripped, though was turned off then on again to insure that.

When they died, it was evening and I was going to check the problem in the morning but awoke and all outlets were functioning. Later in the day, they died again and remain dead.

-House and wiring are about 30 years old and located in the US.
-Breaker was tripped probably 2 dozen times by the guy I was sharing the house with.

Thanks.

J.
If the the breaker has failed, it could be the problem even if the toggle is in the on position.

Jacob777

Joined Mar 21, 2021
Thanks, guys.

My money presently is on the breaker as it is the only common denominator added to the fact is that it has been tripped so many times.

J.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thanks, guys.

My money presently is on the breaker as it is the only common denominator added to the fact is that it has been tripped so many times.

J.
If you know how to do so safely, you can take the front panel off the load center and check to see if there is 120V at the output of the breaker.

Jacob777

Joined Mar 21, 2021
I am a concrete construction veteran and consultant with no electrical experience excepting that I respect it and will not trial and error my way through this. Hitting up registered and licensed professionals with excellent recommendations and a documented history.

Thanks, again.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I am a concrete construction veteran and consultant with no electrical experience excepting that I respect it and will not trial and error my way through this. Hitting up registered and licensed professionals with excellent recommendations and a documented history.

Thanks, again.
Sounds good. I would suggest you watch your electrician work. This is one of the jobs that you really could do yourself with the knowledge.