hello
I bought a charger of ebay, it was broke, I got my money back, I fixed it and now (I think) it works.
it is a multi 6 r/c charger.
I looked inside it and it has loads of resistors and power resistors connected to a transformer. no chips or anything. I had to solder one power resistor back on as it broke off.
I measured the voltage at each output and it was 27 volts. I know that an unloaded transformer will have a higher voltage.
there is no other information about this charger, I cant find anything on the internet about it. it has six positions from 50mA to 500mA.
I have a 6 volt SLA battery that I want to charge. can I do it on the 500mA setting. im guessing the voltage will come down to 12 volts when attached to a load.
would this be safe/acceptable/right/decent/good for mankind/etc...
I don't want to have to buy anoth...actually i got this one free but i don't want another charger in my room.
thanks
all the best
simon
i connected the charger up and got it working, i measured 6 volts when connected to a load. now the only thing remaining, is this good for SLA batterys?
thanks
I bought a charger of ebay, it was broke, I got my money back, I fixed it and now (I think) it works.
it is a multi 6 r/c charger.
I looked inside it and it has loads of resistors and power resistors connected to a transformer. no chips or anything. I had to solder one power resistor back on as it broke off.
I measured the voltage at each output and it was 27 volts. I know that an unloaded transformer will have a higher voltage.
there is no other information about this charger, I cant find anything on the internet about it. it has six positions from 50mA to 500mA.
I have a 6 volt SLA battery that I want to charge. can I do it on the 500mA setting. im guessing the voltage will come down to 12 volts when attached to a load.
would this be safe/acceptable/right/decent/good for mankind/etc...
I don't want to have to buy anoth...actually i got this one free but i don't want another charger in my room.
thanks
all the best
simon
i connected the charger up and got it working, i measured 6 volts when connected to a load. now the only thing remaining, is this good for SLA batterys?
thanks
Last edited: