YAMAHA RX-V663 receiver service manual and repair

DFH

Joined Oct 7, 2018
I have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver which is likely similar but I don't know how different they might be. Anyway, I have the service manual for mine. No the owner's manual, the genuine service manual that contains loads of information.

I suggest you search for the service manual for your receiver but if you cannot find it (it's never easy), send me a PM and I can e-mail you mine. It's ~28Mb. Better than nothing.
I recently acquire a Yamaha RX-V663. I found the Owner's Manual and its circuit diagrams online, but not the Service Manual. I would very much appreciate your emailing me a copy of the Service Manual plus anything else that would help me understand its correct operation and how to configure it correctly for my signal sources and loudspeakers (such as logical diagrams). The circuit diagrams don't help me very much; my 1950's undergraduate EE classes were all about analog devices and circuits, and my career was in physics.

I would have sent this as a PM, but have been unable to find out how that is done on this website. Can someone explain how to send private messages to other members?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I recently acquire a Yamaha RX-V663. I found the Owner's Manual and its circuit diagrams online, but not the Service Manual. I would very much appreciate your emailing me a copy of the Service Manual plus anything else that would help me understand its correct operation and how to configure it correctly for my signal sources and loudspeakers (such as logical diagrams). The circuit diagrams don't help me very much; my 1950's undergraduate EE classes were all about analog devices and circuits, and my career was in physics.

I would have sent this as a PM, but have been unable to find out how that is done on this website. Can someone explain how to send private messages to other members?

https://www.manualslib.com/download/1017981/Yamaha-Dsp-Ax763.html

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010

I'll be glad to send you the service manual if you really want it. At 28Mb, it's too big to attach.

It won't help you much if you're looking for the best settings and so on. The Owner's Manual is better for that. I also recommend the forum thread devoted to this unit over at AVSforums. Just about everything you can imagine, and many you can't, are covered there.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I don't think you can use PM features until you accumulate enough posts here. It looks like it's two-way and I can't PM you either. I may put the file on DropBox and post the link here.

Yeah, try this.

Last edited:

DFH

Joined Oct 7, 2018
I don't think you can use PM features until you accumulate enough posts here. It looks like it's two-way and I can't PM you either. I may put the file on DropBox and post the link here.

Yeah, try this.
Thanks for uploading it to Dropbox. However when I clicked on the link a new Chrome tab opened with one of my Dropbox accounts and I got an error message that the file wasn't found, probably because it was looking among my files rather than your public files. I was able to get the service manual using the link Joe Jester provided.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for uploading it to Dropbox. However when I clicked on the link a new Chrome tab opened with one of my Dropbox accounts and I got an error message that the file wasn't found, probably because it was looking among my files rather than your public files. I was able to get the service manual using the link Joe Jester provided.
Huh, I've never used the Public feature before so I can't say where the problem was. Perhaps my computer has to be online when you come looking for the file, I have no idea. Glad to hear you got it by other means.