Yamaha Keyboard P-95 repair

LOUISRG

Joined May 1, 2021
Hello everybody, I read all the messages in this topic, but it doesn't work, i checked C216 C217, C402, C404 C408 and C212 on the AM board and they seem okay. I also look at the 401 and 402 on the DM Board and they'r working too.

My P95 have no sound when it's switched on (hp and headphone) and futhermore the rec/play light button doesn't switch on

Is anybody have an idea about what i should do or how can i find the source of the problem?

Thanks you all

PS : This website is so usefull, thank you all for your return !

Moderator edit: new thread created from old:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...-95-sound-problem-speakers-headphones.140229/

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If there is no indication that the system is powered then the problem is likely to be much closer to the mains connections. So I suggest starting to check with the line cord and the power switch. And check any fuses that you can find.

LOUISRG

Joined May 1, 2021
hi thank you for your speed. I don't think it's the power supply because when I turn it on the power light is on.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, so it is not at the very first section. The next easy step is to check all of the connectors, because sometimes a poor connection develops. So disconnecting and re-connecting, with the power off, is a valid step. And if that changes anything then it is a clue that it is a connectivity problem.

LOUISRG

Joined May 1, 2021
Hi sorry for my bad english but i don't how and re-connecting, with the power off change something ? What do you mean by reconnecting with the power off ?

Thanks !

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hi sorry for my bad english but i don't how and re-connecting, with the power off change something ? What do you mean by reconnecting with the power off ?

Thanks !
"With power off" I mean unplug the keyboard from the mains before starting anything else. That will prevent getting and electrical shock.
What I mean by "if it changes anything" is that after disconnecting and then re-connecting the different connectiors, one at a time, if some function that did not work now works, then we can understand that the problem may be a poor connection in one of the connectors. I believe that keyboard has several different circuit boards that are connected. Those connectors are what I was referencing.

LOUISRG

Joined May 1, 2021
"With power off" I mean unplug the keyboard from the mains before starting anything else. That will prevent getting and electrical shock.
What I mean by "if it changes anything" is that after disconnecting and then re-connecting the different connectiors, one at a time, if some function that did not work now works, then we can understand that the problem may be a poor connection in one of the connectors. I believe that keyboard has several different circuit boards that are connected. Those connectors are what I was referencing.

Ah ok, I tried disconnecting the HP Board and the midi board and it didn't change anything.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, that was a simple thing to try and unfortunately it did not help. At this point I hope others more familiar with this keyboard will respond.