Writing to AS6C6264 SRAM?

Robert Mani

Joined Apr 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and have a problem with SRAM AS6C6264 and at this point I am totally stuck. Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

I have attached Diagram. I have powered up the unit with 5 volts DC and have connected all A address pins to ground through a 1K resistor except for A3 which is connected via 1 1K to VCC, so my goal is to write something to row 8 which has 8 cells (DQ0, ...DQ7). I have also connected all DQ pins through a 1K resistor to ground and when I put the device in the reda mode (CE# (L), CE2 (H) OE#(L) and WE#(H)) I see some of the DQs have 0 and some have 5 volts on them. Next I put the device in the write mode (CE# (L), CE2 (H) OE#(X) and WE#(L)) and then when I put it it back on the read mode by changing WE# to H from L, I see that all DQs have 0 volts on them.

Now here is my problem. I want to write a 1 on DQ0. So I put the device on the write mode , and then connect the 1K resistor going to DQ0 to 5 volts (Vcc). When I put it back in the read mode, I expect the value of the PIN to be 5 volts but it is still at zero volts. So I have failed to write into the SRAM cell DQ0. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. How to write in a particular cell address and change its value from 0 to 1?

I appreciate any advice.
Roebrt

Attachments

Robert Mani

Joined Apr 5, 2019
Maybe I need to apply a TTL to DQ0 to be able to change its state from 0 to 1? I have just connect it to +5V and have not used a TTL. Not sure...I am stuck!

Robert Mani

Joined Apr 5, 2019
Never mind, It is working now. The trick is to put it in stand-by everytime a read or write operation is done and then take it out of stand by.